Sunday, May 23, 2010

State of the Blog Address

Yes, I ripped off that title from Grand Cards.

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the lack of posts as of late. You’d think with all my major testing done I would have more time for the blog. Alas, that is not the case. Summer jobs and pretty women are calling, and it’s hard to ignore their siren songs. But, I would like to update all my fellow readers (all eight of them) on future posts and events on For Cards Sake and beyond.

Instead of focusing on just trade posts and box breaks, it’s time to expand my repertoire and introduce some new, fun reoccurring post themes. First will be the quite humorous “Unintentional Hilarious Cards” where I showcase some cards that were meant to be funny, but truly are. I’m sure the idea has been kicked around, but I haven’t seen it recently on anyone’s blogs… so it’s mine for the taking! The next theme will be “Tales from the Dugout”, posts about baseball stories that I’ve read from a book titled Tales from the Dugout: The Greatest True Baseball Stories Ever Told written by reporter Mike Shannon. The collection of anecdotes was published in 1997, so it’s not that recent, but it has many stories about baseball stars, mascots, managers, and more. I’ll post a short story from the book periodically.

Also, I’d like to mention my Rookie Card Challenge once again. This is a great way to get some great prizes and crack open your collection to find your favorite rookie card. You can read more about in the link. Along with the Rookie Card Challenge, I will be writing for 30-Year Old Cardboard more frequently and trying to expand my audience through there. Check out my first post about my Alexander Hamilton collection. Finally, I started a new blog called Bury My Heart in Walt Disney World, a Walt Disney World blog about various topics surrounding the great vacation kingdom. Posts will pick up over there as well. If there are any Disney fans out there, please follow!

One last thing, I have been listening to Billy Joel’s 12 Gardens Live non-stop since Friday. Go buy it. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment