Monday, November 8, 2010

Thorzul's Offering Part Vier

Since we all now I’m a sucker for group breaks, I participated in yet another of Thorzul’s breaks… a box of 2004 SP Legendary Cuts and 2004 Topps Clubhouse Collection. I picked up the Royals and struck gold once again for the boys in the powder blue.

2004 SP Legendary Cuts Legendary Swatches #GB: George Brett
The scanner decided to you know, randomly change colors on me. The sepia/green color you see is actually gold. After looking at more of these cards, it seems that this is the way the color scheme comes out on these cards if they’re scanned in. Either way, it’s beautiful in person.


I’ve found a dirty little secret in picking up the Royals in my group breaks. In all but one of the group breaks I’ve participated in when picking KC, I’ve received a relic card. And these aren’t slouch players either (save the Alex Gordon bat relic I received in the 206 break)… along with this Brett, I got a sick Bo Jackson relic from 2009 SP Legendary cuts. I can’t say I’ve been more than impressed with my string of luck with the Royals.

Thanks Thorzul for hosting another break, and looking forward to many more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment