Sunday, January 10, 2010

Card Shop Blues

The local card shop near my home is closing at the end of the month and I’m going into hysterics. I haven’t a clue where the next nearest one is and now I’ll have to do all my shopping online (4.29 for shipping? Good Lord!) Fortunately, with the closing of any store they have a huge sale, and I got all these items at 60% off. I also bought a nice hobby box of 2007 UD Masterpieces, which I’ll post the break on a later date. So here we go.


2008 Opening Day

Pack 1:
#1: Alex Rodriguez
Great way to start off a pack. There’s a SP for this card with A-Rod as a centaur.

#93: Lyle Overbay
#39: Jason Bay
Puzzle Piece Card #20: Ichiro Suzuki
Boy, this insert stinks.

#43: Marcus Giles
#126: Edgar Renteria


Pack 2:
#72: Scott Rolen
#111: Akinori Iwamura
#121: C.C. Sabathia
#175: Javier Vazquez
#190: Michael Young
One of the most underrated players in baseball.

#157: Brian Roberts


2007 Bowman Heritage

Pack 1:
#174 Kazuo Matsui
#178 Jose Vidro
Rainbow Foil #118: David Eckstein
The Rainbow Foil variation comes one in every pack. I have always liked Eckstein; he hustles on every play and is a proven winner. He currently plays for the Padres, but I really hope to see him in pinstripes one day.

BHP43: Justin Byler In every pack of 2007 Bowman Heritage, there are an average of two of these Prospect cards. I'm not a big fan of the bland design, and the fact it takes up space for much better looking base cards.

BHP47: Ivan DeJesus
#208: Matt Lindstrom (RC)
#60: Jeremy Bonderman
#188: Roy Halladay
I love the smell of a Halladay card I didn't have.


Pack 2 (White Sox Pack):
#66: Jim Thome
#10: Jermaine Dye
Rainbow Foil #29: Javier Vazquez
BHP17 : Eddie Degerman
BHP65 : Victor Buttler
#245: Travis Buck (RC)
Something tells me parents weren’t too comfortable with this guy signing their children’s baseball.

#12: Hank Blalock
#148: Paul Konerko


All in all, I got some nice cards I can add to my binders and ship out to other collectors. I’ll probably stop by again before they’re gone for good. Then I’ll have a séance so I can contact the store from the great beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment