Friday, January 8, 2010

The Start of the 1973 Topps Collection

Nothing is more exhilarating than completing a set. Whether it is a collection of inserts or base cards, nothing gets more me thrilled than finding that last card to finish off a pesky set. One of my life goals in the hobby is to complete the 1973 Topps baseball set. The set doesn’t seem too hard to accomplish but there are its fair share of daunting cards (Mike Schmidt’s rookie) and the problem of them being in good condition. I started my collection by winning two separate cards from the same seller on eBay.

#544: Von Joshua

#578: Kenneth Wright


Although they aren’t big hits, they make a good start to my collection. Both of them could easily grade a 6. Hopefully I can get a few more '73 cards in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment