Friday, March 11, 2011

One Tin at a Time


1998 Donruss Preferred! Major League official cards! Search for Precious Metals! Collect all 24 Tins! Who wouldn’t be all over this?

Apparently everyone. You can still find tins of this stuff for around four bucks.

This is a very interesting, and confusing, set. The tins you usually receive the cards in do not look like this. They look like this (if you’re interested in seeing what the cards look like, Drew busted two tins of this stuff over on his blog). So why does this tin look different, and why is it numbered?

And in all honesty, I do not have an answer. I tried researching this set but I have come up empty handed about this different tin variations. What I do know is that A-Rod is on this tin (which I believe is the silver variation) and that it’s numbered to 999. And that’s just damn well good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment