Thursday, March 10, 2011

Weekly Wrap

Is it really Thursday? Here I am, the jackass that told you guys I would be back Tuesday. I guess time flies when you’re busy with every single thing on earth. Where to start?

Friday was quite eventful. The first day of golf arrived, and it didn’t go according to plan. It was a crappy day (cold and windy) and I wasn’t feeling my driver or irons too well. The past few days of golf have been better though, I finally got my swing down and have been making solid contact with the ball. A few more rounds and I should have the game down pat. But is that enough to make the team? Last year, there were 6 kids on the club. This year, due to a flux of freshmen, there are 20 kids trying out. And some of those kids are GOOD. I most likely will get cut, but at least it was a valuable learning experience and I’m glad I got the free week of golf. I’m definitely going to pick up the sport.

The final recball game ever also happened on Friday too. Our team lost in the semifinals of the playoffs, and it was a very sad moment. I’ve been playing recreational basketball since the first grade and it has kept me involved with the sport for many years. Our high school rec team has had the same roster for all four years of school. It’s tough knowing that we won’t be playing with each other next year, but that’s the way things go. I’m sure there is some sort of recreational league in the college I’m attending next year, but it just won’t be the same.

The Mr. Northern pageant (which was exactly fifteen minutes after the recball game) went very well. I practiced my talent down to a tee (see previous post for link) and everybody loved it. Although the event was rigged (the winner was the most uninteresting kid of the evening, I think it had to do with the fact that everything he did was school appropriate). Either way, I had a lot of fun participating, and that’s all that matters.

Saturday was the day of my big party. No need to explain, just picture your typical high school party. Times ten.

Monday called for the big day… my birthday! The big gift was a nice 32 GB iPod Touch. My ever-expanding music collection called for a roomier iPod, and my parents delivered with a sweet gift. I also got some miscelleanous stuff including some golf balls and tees, oddball books, and Boy Meets World Season 4 (took my mother forever to find this, God bless her). I didn’t ask for any baseball card related materials on the account I have hundreds of cards overloading my computer desk. Once that’s cleared up I’ll go back to making useless purchases. Overall, it was a very successful birthday.

Now that we are all caught up, let’s get back to why the people read this blog. Okay, skim the boring words for the cool scans. Same difference. We’re gonna kick things off with a small package that came fresh from today’s mail… a pair of Topps Chrome Blue Refractors.


2009 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor #191: Ryan Perry (Numbered to 199)
Perry hasn’t really made an impact yet in the majors, but another year of experience can’t hurt the baby-faced pitcher.

2010 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor #196: Kevin Russo (Numbered to 199)
Sorry if the scan doesn’t look as shiny; the card was stuck in a toploader due to 2010 Topps Chrome’s “tunnel-bend” refractors. Kevin Russo hasn’t really been jumping off the radar during spring training this season, and the chances of him being a “cup-of-coffee” player are pretty high. He’s not gonna get much playing time behind the best infield in the league (that’s right I said it, and I dare you to find another infield has lethal as the Yankees’) and he isn’t that phenomenal with the bat.


I picked up these cards from last minute auctions from the same seller one lonely night. I believe they were about a buck for each. The seller, being a d-bag of course, refused to give me combined shipping so I was stuck paying about 3 bucks for the cards to be shipped. The total cost of shipping the package? $1.56. Thanks dude. By the way, the Perry is up for trade for any colored Chrome refractor of a Yankee or player I like.

I have a lot more to post including eBay pickups from weeks ago and an epic trade package that will take not one, not two, but three parts to tell. Stay thirsty, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment