Here’s what’s up.
• There are so, so, so, so many positives to take from the Yanks’ win yesterday. For starters, Teixeira didn’t take two months to hit his first homer of the year, and looked pretty locked in at the plate yesterday, smacking some balls pretty hard, although straight at people. Hopefully he continues this. A-Rod also looked good at the plate with an impressive drive to deep center yesterday for a double. Not to mention he had a couple of good plays at third as well. Sabathia had a solid outing but nothing too impressive; perhaps it was the weather. I can tell you what the weather didn’t affect though... the bullpen. Joba, Soriano, and Rivera were lights out. Great innings from all three, especially Mo and Soriano. Textbook win.
• I failed to mention the fact that I got a job working with the Trenton Thunder. The Thunder is the Double-A affiliation of the New York Yankees and are a pretty big hit around the Central Jersey area. I’ve been going to games for years and I finally got a job with the organization. My official title? Manual Scoreboard Operator. Awesome, right? Not only that, but thanks to my extensive background in video production, the Production director said he would be using me for camera and video scoreboard work. It’s a great opportunity and I look forward to the start of the season.
• Yikes, the start of the season is less than two weeks away.
• And don’t ask about autographs… employees are terminated immediately if they fraternize with the players.
• I would totally trade more often if it weren’t for the simple fact I have nothing to trade.
• I’m still not buying 2011 Topps.
• Even though I have the strong urge to run out to Wal-Mart and buy a couple of those blasters and rack packs.
• I spent nearly an hour today watching NBA fights on Youtube. Check this compilation out. Damn.