Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Young Gun Lovin'

As collectors, we all have certain players we like but can’t collect due to a number of reasons. They’re cards are too pricey, want to focus on your other player collections, don’t have time to start another PC, that player already has a large following, yadda, yadda, yadda. For instance, I would love to have some more Justin Verlander, Joe Mauer, and Billy Butler cards, but they have huge followings and their prices are out of my reach, especially Mauer. Why spend money on players I don’t collect when I barely have any money to spend on nice cards for players I do collect?

But, that’s beside the point. My natural instinct of getting everything I want gets in the way sometimes and if I see a good deal on a player I like, dammit I’m gonna take it. Per-se:


2010 Bowman Platinum was loaded with sick cards from veterans to rookies alike. This is a pretty sweet card that I’m pretty happy with, both with the look and the price.

Oh right, maybe I should explain why I like Josh Johnson. This should be enough. He is explosive, poised, and rapidly becoming one of the best pitchers in baseball. Best part is? He’s actually content with playing for the Florida Marlins until 2014. If that’s not a dedicated player, I don’t know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment