Monday, July 25, 2011

A Long-Awaited Standing Ovation

Along with Smed’s Spring Cleaning from many moons ago, I have yet to show off my stack of cards I received from the Daily Dimwit’s group break a few months back.  He busted an entire CASE of 2006 Upper Deck Ovation, and I quickly jumped in on the great price and the awesome amount of cards I could receive.  Sure enough, I came out with an entire base set of the product, a lot of cool inserts, and these big hits.  I had the Yankees and the Diamondbacks.


2006 Upper Deck Ovation Apparel OA-DJ: Derek Jeter
Yeah that All-Star break really helped out that .260 average…

2006 Upper Deck Ovation Center Stage Signatures CS-CW: Chien-Ming Wang (Numbered to 25)
Man if I were only selling this… this card is very, very rare.  Now, it would make sense for this signature to be in Taiwanese, and it probably is, but there’s a slight possibility this might be in another Asian language.  I can read some Chinese (yes, I’m serious), but I don’t recognize these characters.

2006 Upper Deck Ovation Gold Rookie Autographs #112: Stephen Drew (Numbered to 99)
This is a great card of For Card’s Sake favorite Stephen Drew.  Unfortunately, the D-Backs put the young shortstop on the DL after breaking his right ankle.  Tough break for a team that’s looking to make a run at the pennant in a weak NL West division.


Thanks to the Dimwit for the awesome group break and I can’t wait for the next one!

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who has a Center Stage Cien-Ming Wang #4 of 25, What do you think the value is? The card is mint

    ReplyDelete