Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mailday + Wantlist + Thundersnow?

When it snows, it thunders. Isn’t that how the saying goes? New Jersey experienced a “thundersnow” last night, which was something I’ve never seen before, nor thought was possible. But apparently it is. Due to this “thundersnow”, school was shut down today, which gives me ample time to show off my latest mailday and to give an update about my 2000 Bowman Chrome wantlist. Let’s start with the goodies that showed up to my mailbox earlier in the week.


I scored a nice lot off of the Blowout forums featuring tradebait and some PC stuff.

2008 Topps Chrome Trading Card History TCHC5: Alex Rodriguez
Can’t go wrong with Chromey A-Rod.

2006 Topps Turkey Red Red #316: Alex Rodriguez
I read that the Turkey Red red parallels aren’t short-printed, or any other of the Turkey Red parallels for that matter, despite the fact that the Turkey Red base set has short prints. If that was confusing after you read that, don’t put me in the red, I’m just telling you based off what I read about Turkey Red red parallels.

2008 Topps Heritage T205 Mini HTCP5: Alex Rodriguez
A-Rod trifecta? Chrome, parallel, mini. Bam.

2009 Topps Unique #193: Alfredo Aceves (Numbered to 2699)
I am not a big fan of Unique, largely due to the fact of the black borders and how easily they chip. I do like Aceves though, however, the Yanks released him at the end of 2010. Hopefully he bounces back on another squad.

2007 Bowman Chrome Prospects BC17: Brandon Morrow
I really don’t know how to explain it, I just like this guy.

2008 Upper Deck Heroes Emerald #79: Alex Gordon (Numbered to 499)
The next George Brett ladies and gentlemen.

Mixing it up with a couple of prospects from 2008 Donruss Threads.
Austin Romine is a familiar name to Yankee fans as one of the top catching prospects in the organization. Nick Weglarz is an Indians prospect and I had the chance to meet and talk with him during a Trenton Thunder game a few years ago. He was a pretty friendly guy, so I try to pick up his cards whenever I can. By the way, these cards look really cool next to each other.

2006 Bowman Draft Future’s Game Prospects Relics FG1: Nick Adenhart
I still feel compelled to get Nick Adenhart cards anytime I see them. I talked about my initially disgust for this compulsive action in my 2008 UD Timeline break a long time ago, but now I’ve learned to accept the fact that I do it to remember how great Adenhart could have been if his life wasn’t cut short by a scumbag.


Not a bad haul overall. A couple of 2010 Bowman Chrome cards came with it, along with a Carlos Santana RC, but they were too bowed to scan.

Now onto the 2000 Bowman Chrome wantlist. After days of busting boxes of this product, you would think I had a good chunk of the checklist down right? Wrong. I’m still missing a boat load of the base set and a fairly good amount of inserts. So, as of right now, just send me ANY 2000 Bowman Chrome cards. I’ll take anything as long as they are in NM-Mint condition. Yeah, I know I’m anal about my conditions, but that’s the way life goes. So send me all of your 2000 Bowman Chrome cards and when I cipher the checklist down to a small amount, I’ll post the cards I need to finish it off. Let’s do this thing baby!

1 comment:

  1. Lightning storms during a snow storm are actually quite common. It's actually similar to a normal lightning/rain storm… only colder.

    I like Aceves too. He had some injuries last year, but was a solid utility pitcher from them where ever they needed him.

    ReplyDelete