Monday, May 16, 2011

The Sleeping Dogs Wake

… beep …

… beep …

… beep …

“Oh doctor, what happened?”

“You fell into a work coma for two weeks Nick. You’ve been working so much that your high school-boy body couldn’t handle the load and you slipped into a coma where you could only eat, sleep, go to school, and work.”

“Damn those seven-game homestands.”

“You seem to be alright now though, you have only three games left to work for the rest of May.”

“So does this mean I can post on my blog about the cool pickups and trades that have been going on?”

“Of course, if you get your lazy ass over to the computer.”


Ah, so you’ve read the transcript. I probably shouldn’t waste anytime explaining the horrors I suffered of juggling school and work and trying to get a good night’s sleep and get right with it. I have a lot of crap to show you.

To ease back into things, I’m gonna show off a couple of nice relic pickups I got over at the Blowout Card Forums. If you haven’t tried this place yet, check it out. It’s a great place to buy, trade, and sell cards without the annoyance of eBay.


2010 Topps Allen and Ginter Relics JJ: Josh Johnson
For Card’s Sake still has a crush on Josh Johnson. Have you checked his numbers lately? Unlike other For Card’s Sake loverboy (Jered Weaver), Johnson is still tearing it up. In 55.1 innings pitched this year, he has given up 12 runs. 12 runs.

2009 SP Legendary Cuts Destination Stardom DSM-DS: Denard Span
I’m a big fan of the 2009 SP Legendary Cuts design. Very well executed. But, why doesn’t this card excite me as much as it should? Am I really this bored with plain ol’ swatches?


I have plenty of maildays and trades to showcase, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I too am suffering from a major Josh Johnson crush as of late. Doesn't hurt that every MLB.com writeup about the guy starts with something akin to "Johnson threw 7 crazy awesome sexy innings tonight." JJ is on fire this year...crazy good.

    ReplyDelete