Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Package from Cards on Cards

I recently traded with Kerry over at Card on Cards, and I must say it was a generous stack! His blog got me into the baseball card blogosphere, and it’s very well run. Please check it out if you haven’t already, it’s a great read. Here are some of the cards he sent over.

2005 Topps All-Stars: Alex Rodriguez
Shiny. Just the way I like my cards.

2010 Topps Legendary Lineage LL19: Whitey Ford and C.C. Sabathia
I think this card would have looked better if Andy Pettitte was on it. But he doesn’t fit the Topps “player who needs to be on an insert” criteria.

2006 Fleer Ultra RBI Kings RBI14: Hideki Matsui I like all the inserts in 2006 Fleer Ultra, especially the “King” series.

2009 Topps Update UH304: Nick Swisher and Johnny DamonThis is the card that Kerry thought would scare children if posted on his blog, but fortunately I’m more shameless. I’m a bit upset to see Damon go, he had good times with the Yanks and he could still contribute with the bat. However, his agent screwed him over and now he’s playing in… Detroit. Yikes.

Kerry also sent over some Roy Halladay cards, including my first card with him in a Phillies uniform.

2010 Topps Opening Day #89: Roy Halladay It looks so… I don’t know. My eyes need to get adjusted to Doc in red.

Once again, thanks to Kerry for sending over the nice stack of cards!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the cards! Thanks for the trade. I tend to get a lot of Yankees and Halladay cards, so maybe we can work out another trade in the future.

    ReplyDelete