Monday, October 4, 2010

South Side Trade

I heart packages! Especially ones that come from a handsome White Sox fan named Steve. This was my first time trading with the proprietor of White Sox Cards and it certainly won’t be my last. Let’s look.


1993 Upper Deck Inside the Numbers #451: Jim Abbott This is a neat card that comes from a set within a base set. The back of the card has a blurb that serves as a great reassurance that stats can be easily deceptive (hence the term “Inside the Numbers”). Says Peter Gammons: “Forget the 7-15 record last year; he got the worst run support of any pitcher in baseball. Abbott’s start-by-start performance in 1991 could have earned him the Cy Young; he has a 2.83 ERA the last two years.”

2000 Upper Deck MVP Second Season Standouts SS5: Bernie Williams We want Bernie!

2008 Upper Deck The House That Ruth Built HRB-17: Babe Ruth This little subset was featured in UD’s Series 1 release to commemorate… you guessed it, the closing of Yankee Stadium. Of course, UD went on to (much) bigger inserts to celebrate the occasion.

2007 Topps DiMaggio Streak JD17: Joe DiMaggio Another collectable insert from 2007 Topps. I just love the inserts from that year… hint, hint.

2007 Topps Moments & Milestones #96: Hideki Matsui (Numbered to 150) The lure of a low-numbered card in every pack drew me to the 2008 set… and now I see why it is hated amongst the collecting community. How annoying, these things are!

2008 Donruss Threads #34: Don Larsen Baseball cards aren’t the same without a license… and baby if it isn’t licensed it isn’t fun. Oh, oh, oh.

2003 Upper Deck #501: Hideki Matsui (RC) I love getting excited over rookie card! Didn’t you already know that? Aside from Jeter and now Matsui, I don’t have many rookies of big Yankees (Posada, Mo, A-Rod, Pettitte, etc). I mean, do you expect me to cough up nearly $300 for this? Well, of course, but when I have $300 to spare.

And looky here… cards from the lone wantlist I have up! I like it.


A great package from a great guy. Thanks Steve!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great photo on the Matsui...I just like how sharp it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great trade all around! I look forward to future trades! :-)

    ReplyDelete