Thursday, January 6, 2011

High End Steals

“High end”? For Card’s Sake doesn’t do “high end”. Hell, a lot of the blogosphere doesn’t do “high end”. Then why in the world do I see a lot of high end cards popping up in people’s mailboxes? Oh that’s right, because most of the hits lose significant value over a span of 2-5 years rendering them almost worthless and deemed for a life in the $1 bin at your local card shop. And I ask again… why do people drop $100+ on this stuff? So they can sell the hits dirt cheap to me.


2008 Topps Triple Threads #147a: Daric Barton (Auto) (RC) (Numbered to 99)
A case of this stuff was going for around $2,000 back in 2008. I got this for two bucks.

2004 Bowman Sterling Refractors DD: David DeJesus (Auto) (Numbered to 199)
In 2004, this stuff was going for $50 a pack, and is still commanding over $250 a box to this day. I got this for 5 bucks.

2004 Bowman Chrome Refractors #334: Dioner Navarro (Auto)
This set had a $4 SPR when it came out in 2004. I got this for 5 bucks.

2006 Upper Deck Future Stars #89: Conor Jackson (Auto) (RC)
When this set was first released in 2007, it was selling for around $4.99 SRP. I got this for two bucks.


Go me.

The Barton is for trade.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done. Those cards might have been the 'hit' of a box. I would like to see more of this stuff. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete