Friday, July 9, 2010

A Buffet of a Trade Post

When a blog name includes a buffet, you know you’re gonna get a hefty helping of cards in a trade. BA Benny of BA Benny’s Baseball Card Buffet sent over a healthy stack of America’s favorite mix… Yankees and Halladay! Let’s take a look at what’s hot in today’s buffet.

1995 Topps #199: Derek Jeter An early card of Captain Dreamboat to add to my small collection of pre-2000 Jeter cards. And for future reference Topps, when I see the phrase “future star” on a card, I assume it’s their rookie card. Rookie cards, especially ones of future Hall-of-Famers, get me pretty excited. But if it’s not their rookie card, you just hyped me up for nothing. All a big tease. So, Mr. Topps Executive, when you’re about to nail your wife and she falls asleep before you slip off her dress, remember when you teased all of us with this “future star”. Karma’s a bitch.

2010 Topps Cards Your Mother Threw Out #20: Thurman Munson Good ol’ Thurm. R.I.P. But why was this insert extended into Series 2? Now the checklist is over 90 cards. Like what the hell Topps? Strike two for you guys today.

2008 Topps Trading Card History TCH45: Hideki Don’ttouchmytushi A card in Japanese?! Strike three, Topps, you’re outta there!

2007 Upper Deck Elements Elemental Autographs AU-HE: Sean Henn (Auto) And to think I was done with chemistry this year. These are nice lookin’ cards, and the sticker auto is barely noticeable. I looked up the checklist for this particular set and it has a lot of variety. You could pull a great auto of Derek Jeter or Cal Ripken Jr., or could be stuck with Joe Blanton or Rich Hill. Definitely hit and miss. You still are better than Topps, UD.

2007 Topps Own the Game OTG25: Roy HalladayI love me some Own the Game, especially if it’s of the Doctor himself. Send me your Own the Game inserts! No seriously, do that.


Thanks to BA Benny for the voluptuous pile of Yanks and Halladay! Also, check out his new site BA Benny’s Pack Rip Café. Adios!

1 comment:

  1. I'm convinced that Rich Hill appears in every autographed set ever now after seeing that he's in this set. He also made Ginter 09 and Ginter 10 as an autograph subject even though he was awful last year and even worse this year. It simply makes no sense.

    Of course, I'm happy with it, since I'm a Hill player collector lol.

    ReplyDelete