Monday, December 13, 2010

A-Rod's Revenge

People think A-Rod is a colossal tool and I really have no idea why. Well… okay, maybe I can understand a little bit why people hate his guts. Regardless of what he does off the field; it’s hard to dispute his consistency and ability on the field. Year in and year out, he’ll bring in runs by the droves and will guarantee you at least 20 homers, production a lot of teams would be lucky to get out of their third baseman. I believe he is a first ballot Hall of Famer even despite the steroid issue (which shouldn’t have even happened if the MLB and Selena Roberts weren’t retards, but that’s another story for another day). However, despite all the A-Rod haters out there, I love the big lug to death, so I pick up his cards whenever I can. That’s where Joe from the Sandlot comes in. He emailed me complaining about all these Alex Rodriguez cards that were taking up space in his trashcan, so I did the noble thing and took them off his hands. Let’s take a look at the highlights of the big package.


2000 Upper Deck Hitter’s Club On Target OT3
At first glance, I thought this was Own the Game, Topp’s famed insert. It’s nice to see UD putting some shine into their inserts too. More shiny inserts for Nick! Hoorah!

1996 Pacific Estrellas Latinas EL26
Oh… muy bueno.

1997 Donruss Preferred Staremaster #1 (Numbered to 1500)
This is the creepiest card I’ve ever seen. A-Rod laser beam activate!

1996 Zenith #99/Donruss Preferred #171
Some cards just look fantastic, plain and simple.

1997 UD3 #50UD3… what the hell is this? Apparently Upper Deck released an exclusive retail set called UD3. The set consisted of 60 cards, which were broken up into three 20-card subsets: Homerun Heroes, Pro-Motion, and Future Impact. Future Impact features Cel Chrome technology. Neat huh?!

And to top it all off, a pile of Road to 500 cards.


Some very nice additions to the A-Rod PC. Thanks Joe! Now where did my cone bra go?

1 comment:

  1. To each their own.

    But as long as ARod tried to slap the ball out of someone's hands on the field of play and shouted to try to get a guy to drop a popup, I'll think he's a massive douche. Works out nice though - if I ever get any of his cards you got dibs haha.

    ReplyDelete