Friday, December 24, 2010

Shopping for a Christmas Baseball Card

Throughout the many, many, many years of baseball cards, we’ve seen many, many, many players, many, many, many designs, and many, many, many, many, many, many, many different photos. However, I don’t think I’m ever come across a Christmas-related baseball card. Sure, baseball and Christmas are about as opposite as you can get, but it surprises me that I’ve yet to see a player wearing a Santa cap, or a player with one of their bats wrapped up as a present, or something cheesy that you’d find in 1990 Score.

I’m presenting a challenge to everyone out in the blogosphere. Be my Star of Bethlehem tonight; show me the way to a Christmas-themed baseball card. A link, a picture, anything. I’m just dying to see one. Here’s your reward when you do.

Mrs. Claus, meow.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, check out my Christmas Eve post:
    http://rangerscards.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-card.html
    Does that meet your standards for a Christmas themed baseball card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, talk about a dream come true. I would love to own some of those... I've never seen them pop up anywhere. How obscure are they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty rare I think. Can't even remember when or where I got this one but I've never seen another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first year of Pro Set they put out a Santa card.

    http://iamjoecollector.blogspot.com/2009/12/tough-pulls-1990-pro-set-football.html

    In 07 there was a Santa Set.

    http://packwar.blogspot.com/2010/12/merry-christmas-to-all-and-to-all.html

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete