Monday, December 6, 2010

Would You Like Your Trade Package Supersized?

A package the size of an elephant arrived in my mailbox today, and I knew it had to be from Dan over at It’s Like Having My Own Card Shop. I sent him over a nice printing plate of Stephen Drew I pulled from 2009 Finest and in exchange he shipped me some nice Yanks and a huge card for my PC. Literally.


First some base.

2009 O-Pee-Chee #112: Robinson Cano (dont’cha know?)
The real MVP of the American League. I’m sorry, but Josh Hamilton is getting old fast. His story is truly magnificent, don’t get me wrong, but he is one of the most injury-prone, inconsistent players in the league. When Hamilton went down for most of September, the Rangers had no problem winning without him. If you take Cano out of the Yanks’ lineup for a period of time like that, there’s no way the Bombers are making the playoffs. Cano had stellar numbers both offensively and especially defensively (3 errors all year at a much harder position), but if you truly want to call it a “Most Valuable Player” award, then give it to the most valuable player.

2010 Topps Update #310: Derek Jeter
First Update card from this year and it’s of the overpaid Captain. Yes, I understand Derek Jeter is the face of the Yankees and has done wonders for the organization since he’s been brought up, but did he really need to squeeze a few extra million out of the club? He would make the money he lost back in a second through endorsements, and if you were really loyal to the Yankees, why would you try to shmoozle them out of cash they could spend on another player to further help the club? Selfish, selfish, Mr. Jeter.

2003 Upper Deck Finite #31: Aaron Boone (Numbered to 1999)
2003 was a good year for Boone.

2008 Topps Moments and Milestones #1-40: Alex Rodriguez (Numbered to 150)
Everyone’s favorite set.

And finally, the piece da la resistance of the trade…

2002 Flair Sweet Swatch #15: Alex Rodriguez (Numbered to 550)Dayummmn! This thing is huge… and look at that jersey piece! What a great addition to the A-Rod collection, and it’s a beaut.


A “jumbo” thanks (I slay myself) to Dan for the awesome trade! Deuces up brah!








Sorry, I won’t say deuces anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you are enjoying the cards. The A-Rod jersey card is awesome but he's not really a player that I collect and it's so big that it's hard to display, so I'm glad it went to a good home! Thanks again for the Drew Printing Plate!

    ReplyDelete